Tips for Moving Forward with Canvas – PowerSchool Integration
1. Keep Assignments in the Imported Categories. You will not need to import each Grading Term, but assignments must remain in the imported categories or they won’t sync.
2. Export your grades throughout the quarter, not just when they’re due at the end. This will ensure we can correct any errors in PowerSchool before report cards are due.
3. If your grades are not calculating accurately, even after weighting the categories in both PS and Canvas, click on Recalculate Grades in PowerTeacher Pro.
4. Always check your Monitoring and Reporting button in your Canvas courses to see if there any errors with the sync. Here is a link that explains the various errors you may see: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12569-monitoring-tool-error-message-dictionary
5. When differentiating assignments for groups of students, create a section with those students, and use that section when assigning different tasks to different groups of students. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12569-monitoring-tool-error-message-dictionary
6. All assignments must have a due date within the dates of the Grading Term or they will not sync to PTP.